Last update: June 14, 2022
Our personal data handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the data protection laws that apply to us in the countries in which we offer our good and services.
Information we collect
- Information you provide - We receive, collect, and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and personal data related to the browser or device you use to access our website, etc. When you complete online forms, we also collect other information, including name, email, phone, requests, and comments, etc. in order to connect to you on your service demand and send you marketing emails in your interests and preference.
No sensitive personal information or personal information of minors
STS does not knowingly collect or solicit any sensitive personal information (called special category data in the EU) or any personal identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 from users of the Site and/or any third-party sites. If we learn that we have collected data from a person aged under 18, we reserve the right to delete such data with no prior notification or consent.
How we use this information
We use information we collect for the following different purposes:
- To help us improve our website and deliver content and functionality that is best suited for you and your device
- To analyze your use of our website for trend monitoring and promotional purposes
- To send email and communicate with you via email regarding our services and events which may be of interest to you if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences
- To respond to inquiries and comments and provide you with support via your preferred communication channels
- To respond to any complaints, we may receive from you, or to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services
- To invite you to take part in market research or surveys
- To send you direct marketing in relation to STS’ relevant products and services. Electronic direct marketing will only be sent where you have given your consent to receive it, or you have been given an opportunity to opt-out
- To monitor use of our websites. We may use your information to help us check, improve, and
protect our products, content, services and websites, in accordance with our legitimate interests
- To use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation), in accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting STS’ legitimate business interests and legal rights
- To monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law and our legitimate interests
- For any other new purpose for which we notify you before collecting any personal data
How we share your information
STS only shares personal information in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share such information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies based in different countries to process it for the purposes of inter-group administration and to deliver products or services where elements of these are provided by STS group companies other than those with which you have directly contracted. We take steps to ensure that STS companies follow our global data protection policy, this privacy statement and applicable local law when handling such information.
- We may also share your personal data with the below third parties, including but are not limited to
• Website hosting providers
• Our professional advisors, such as external legal and financial advisors
• Our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors
• Marketing and communications agencies, such as sending email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, and direct marketing services, etc.
• Search engine and web analytics.
• Market research companies
- Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws. This will be strictly limited to the data relevant to the scope of a request and to data subjects covered by the legal jurisdiction of requests.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
How your information is protected
STS incorporates commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your information which you have given us in order to prevent unauthorized access, loss or destruction of your personal data. These include, but are not limited to:
- Physical safeguards, with locked doors and file cabinets, controlled access to our facilities and secure destruction of media containing your personal data
- Technology safeguards, like the use of anti-virus and endpoint protection software, and monitoring of our systems and data centers to ensure that they comply with our security policies
- Organizational safeguards, like training and awareness programs on security and privacy, to make sure employees understand the importance and means by which they must protect your personal data
How long we keep your information
How you can access and control your information
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, subject to local law. These include the following rights:
- The right of access - The right to know whether data concerning you is being processed and if so, the right to gain access to it with a few exceptions.
- The right to rectification - If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
- The right to erasure - In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your information (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for the initial purposes for which it has been initially collected; (c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don't have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) if we haven't handled your information in accordance with our obligations.
- The right to restrict - our processing of your personal information under certain circumstances (in which case we will only retain the personal information for the exercise and/or defense of STS’ rights).
- The right to object - to the processing of your information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground, withdraw the consent you may have granted to a specific processing, at any time.
- The right to data portability - Where you have provided your data to us and it is processed by automated means, you may be able to request that we provide it to you in a structured, machine-readable format.
In addition, you can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications to you clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us. After opting-out, you will no longer receive marketing or promotional communications but will continue to receive other messages, such as important notices or communications regarding services you have ordered from STS. For cookies, you can click the “Cookie Settings” link on the cookie banner to check that preferences are correct. You can selectively provide consent and withdraw consent via that link.
Questions and our contact information